The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Bashes first planted 55 gallon journal
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

It's going to be a long day.....I took the day off from work and started the tear down this morning. (I'm swapping from the 55 to a new 75 gallon). My wife added to the workload though and wants me to paint the wall behind the aquarium as though I didn't have my hands full already. I guess she makes a good point. Our house is only 5 months old and we have the cruddy builders flat white paint everywhere. I'm sure in the long run I will be glad I did as it would suck even more to tear down an established tank just to paint.

Also going to to take this opportunity to reinforce my cheap Petsmart particle board stand by adding solid wood braces on the sides, top and bottom. Its rated to hold the weight, but I will feel much better about it.

New tank should hopefully be up and running by tomorrow night. Fish, shrimp, nerite snails and plants will be housed in my 37 gallon cube with tank water and established filters until their new home is ready.

Got the new tank background painted black last night and final coat this morning. Heading off to Home Depot for a few 90 degree braces for the stand reinforcements and painting supplies .