The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My new ATI Sunpower dimmable 4x24 light...
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #16
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoxiy View Post
Same. I love my Strands.

Back on topic, do you think that the 24inch 4x24W would be enough to light a 30 gallon (36Lx12Wx16H)?
Yeah that should be enough. My current tank has the same dimensions except that it's 12 inches longer. I'll probably be dimming this wayyyyy down since it's pretty powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach1Ll3sH33L View Post
you might want to go higher with it on burn in phase, these things put out a ton of light. I have my photoperiod set like this on my 36x6
2 hours 0-75%
4 hours on 75%
2 hours 75%-0

I had them staggered so one channel would come on for an hour, then the other would come on but it seemed to look more progressive to ramp both channels up together. you might try a blue special bulb, or even a purple special, they make the tank pop a bit more in my opinion.
During the initial burn in period I have it going 4 hours then 4 hours off and then 4 hours on. So the photoperiod is split up into two 4 hour pieces. The nice thing about this light is that it's pretty much the same size as my tank so plants are growing upward.

The best thing for me would be to purchase a PAR meter and measure underwater to get an accurate reading.
hedge_fund is offline   Reply With Quote