Thread: my little eden
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #175
bluestems
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
Hi, trim as low as you can toward the bottom leafs/undergrowth. With all foreground plants pretty much, this will keep them nice and low and prevent the bottom from dying from no light.

Yeah I think the 45p will be stocked all the time since they don't sell the Mini-L anymore.
Think you will put the stone back in?
Thanks for the tip. I've been trimming it, but I don't think short enough. It seems to need a trim every 3 days.

I'm not sure I will put the stone back in. It looks better in person than in the photos though. It looks a bit undynamic in the pics, doesn't it? Without the hardscape interest, I feel there needs to be more texture and diversity in the plantings.

I think I'm going to let the grass creep in to the left of the small stones and bring in some staurogyne sp. 'porto velho" in around the wood to fill in the gap. The sand is there currently to hold the space until a friend can grow out some staurogyne for me. The nymphoides 'taiwan' is beginning to stretch out and grow upwards which is giving some needed vertical interest. Lastly, I'll probably look at adding some mini-fissidens to the wood.

It's doubtful I'll add the stone back in though as it really was just too big for the narrow depth of this tank. I may keep it though for that 45p.

my little eden
7g nano, a work in progress

cherry shrimp vase

3g semi-emersed bowl

bluestems is offline   Reply With Quote