The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Shrimpers
Thread: Shrimpers
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #20
"Got light?"
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)

My S and S+ grade CRS grow & breed like rabbits in my Fluval Spec V (with an added LED light to encorage algae growth.... my CRS's graze it as fast as I can grow it !!)

The adults thrived just fine in my 26 gallon 10 year running over-stocked with 50 Tetras tank before moving them all into the Fluval for breeding

- I mix 1/2 tap water with 1/2 RO/DI water for 25% water changes twice a week.
- I feed mostly Tetrafin Plus Goldfish flakes every other day (the Plus flakes have extra algae & color enhancers), a few small pieces of IAL laying around, and a tiny piece of Mosura CRS & Excel once a week for s@&ts & giggles' (Mosura pieces always feed in a small glass food-dish' which is buried even with substrate, NEVER just placed on the substrate itself)
- I add 15 drops of Kent Pro-Plant twice a week for the Moss & Crypts'

That's about it.... easy-cheesy-japaneasy
And the fact they are NOT shy/skittish is just an extra bonus

MY BEST ADVICE IMHO.... CRS ARE ONLY TRUELY HARDY' & HAPPY IN A LONG-RUNNING ESTABLISHED TANK !! (with lots of invisable micro fauna in the substrate & algae covered back wall of tank/other places to graze on)

Last edited by "Got light?"; 02-25-2013 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: add video
"Got light?" is offline   Reply With Quote