The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Available as of now, January 12, 2013
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #31
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (205/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by laqu View Post
okay the fish i got are doing great, well other then the loss of two uropthalmoides who jumped - actually they filter was a bit to strong and they were swimming fast and got tossed from the tank - figured it out when i saw number 3 do it and fall back into tank - problem fixed!

these are my 'wish fish' (laugh you will)
Orange Zebra Oto - yea, i know peru
Microdevario kubotai “Neon Yellow Microrasbora”
Dario dario “Scarlet badis, Scarlet gem” - can these go with rasbora and shrimp? so cute
and
Boraras uropthalmoides- “Sparrow rasbora” - whom i have fallen in love with.

how would Centromochlus sp. cf. reticulatus be with the small fish and shrimp - they are cute (if i can't get the orange ones), any idea on size yet, and what does a 'meaty' diet mean (to my betta that means all other fish and shrimp)

i would still need something for alge if not the orange - ideas think "nano"

i WISH you had more Parotocinclus peru - i am in LOVE with them...

if you don't have these these fish any ideas when you might? are we talking next sept-dec for all of them?

Yes, the Peru stuff will be next fall- unless you want to pay about double what I usually charge for me to get them wholesale. I don't like to do that, and it hurts my pocket book desperately as they dont sell quickly.
As for the kubotai- i have some in qt now, and scarlet badis coming in Tuesday. I am out of uropthalmoides, but can get more (probably not for a couple weeks, as I am in full swing traveling mode). Do you have any snails? Nerites are great for algae I do have regular otos coming in as well. I have some cocama here, but am working on breeding them to tyr and supplement demand. I don't want to part with them. I wish I had more paros as well, I didn't even get to keep any for myself I am bummed massively about that.

I am not sure how the reticularus would do, but I would imagine fine. They do like a LOT of flow/oxygenation which may not be ideal for things like boraras.
msjinkzd is online now   Reply With Quote