The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Soil test pictures
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Jnad
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Soil test pictures

Hello!

I am currently testing two types of soil in small tanks beafore a bigger dirt setup, i am testing these two soils with following labeled on the bags:

1. Quality Soil particularly suitable for indoor plants and window boxes. Nutritious and odorless. The earth is long time composted in 3 years, and are hand-pruned several times during this period.[censored]The result is a nutrient-rich soil full of microlife, ideal for your indoor plants and window boxes.[censored]Debio Approved for organic growers. Raw materials: 30% cow manure, 60% peat and 10% sand.

This tank is on the two first pictures and it is only two days old. I do know that manure is not reccomended in the soil, but i had to try - This soil was very clay like in consistent, and it has been no bubbling in the tank. It also looked heavy and was clouding the water mutch less than the other soil i used when i tested them in a kitchen glass. It also went to the bottom faster, maybe beacuse of the 10% sand mixed in.

2. This soil is only soil, no fertilizer is added.

This tank is tree weeks old and everything looks good. There have been a lot of bubbling, but there is still no sign of algae. There have been no water changes in this tank.

Here are the pictures, first two is of the tank using soil with 30% cow manure. By the way there is only plants in this tank and i am not using anything to circulate the water. I have mounted a air stone but i am not using it, should i use it to Get some water movement in this only plants tank??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	042.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	90778  

Name:	041.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	90786