My opinion here only but .25 ammonia is lethal for lots of fish.
This is what i would do....
1) Stop feeding immediately.
2.) check and or clean aquarium for any decaying matter.
3) Carry out a partial water change.
4) Retest for ammonia to confirm near-zero reading(s).
5) Allow the aquarium two days further “rest” without feeding, etc.
6) Retest and repeat steps 1-5, if necessary.
7) If readings are near zero, then start feeding sparingly.
8) Continue to test water to confirm that filter is now coping with ammonia and nitrite production
29g Tetra Tank
100g Planted Angel/Clown Loach
I can't spell...Im an engineer, I do math