Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West coast of the east coast of the USA.
Glofish are patented not copyrighted. Just like you patent a machine. Intentional breeding is illegal. The "and/or" is the key in item 4 below.
GLOFISH® FLUORESCENT FISH LICENSE NOTICE
GloFish® fluorescent ornamental fish are intended solely for visual enjoyment as aquarium fish by end-users who have purchased these fish through authorized channels, and not for commercial reproduction. Please note the following important information:
1) These fish are the subject of various intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Yorktown Technologies, L.P. (“Yorktown”), both in the U.S. and internationally.
2) GloFish® is a trademark owned by Yorktown Technologies (Registration No. 3,056,697), and cannot be used in connection with the promotion or sale of any ornamental fish other than authentic GloFish® fluorescent fish, which are exclusively produced by Segrest Farms, Inc and 5-D Tropical, Inc. for sale on behalf of Yorktown.
3) GloFish® fluorescent fish are covered under one or more of the following United States Patent Numbers: 7,834,239; 7,858,844; 7,700,825; 7,135,613; 7,442,522; 7,537,915; 7,150,979 and 7,166,444, as well as other pending applications.
4) Intentional breeding and/or any sale, barter, or trade, of any offspring of GloFish® fluorescent ornamental fish is strictly prohibited.
5) Notwithstanding the foregoing, production of these fish is permitted for educational use by teachers and students in bona fide educational institutions, provided, however, that any sale, barter, or trade, of the offspring from such reproduction of these fish is strictly prohibited.
6) Please note that these fish may not be sold or transferred to anyone in the State of California, as this is prohibited by California Law. The producers of GloFish request that all consumers respect this regulation. For more information about this issue, please click here.
7) Any bag, container, or aquarium holding GloFish® fluorescent fish for resale, other than bags provided to end users, will be marked with either “GloFish® fluorescent fish”, or “GloFish®”, along with the name of the specific line(s) being held (i.e., Starfire Red®, Electric Green®, Sunburst Orange®, etc.)
Intentional breeding of GloFish is prohibited due to license restrictions. It is made more difficult by hyperbaric treatment of the young to render them sterile.
I'm not a fan of any GMO
Quote me as saying I was misquoted.
Once you get rid of integrity the rest is a piece of cake.
The problem is you don't know what you don't know.
Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
If you agreed with me we'd both be right.