The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Frank's Planted Tank How-To Mini Novel - The Mini S Returns! New Layout
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #940
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

PTrader: (24/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin6547 View Post
One question if you don't mind, is there anything other than rocks I can tie Riccia to? Or could I just leave it on the mat and let it the dwarf hair grass grow into the mat? https://www.azgardens.com/p-2190-riccia-on-mat.aspx Thanks. I am starting my first low tech planted tank!
You can tie Riccia to anything with a surface! Bear in mind that Riccia ends up adopting the shape of the object it's tied too - so if tied to say, moon stones it will have a roundish mound appearance vs. an even hedge from Riccia stones / flat stones.

I would not leave the plants on the mats they sell them on - typically they're made of some kind of fibrous material that seems to cause more issues than it solves. If it is on a steel mesh, it would be okay, but I would still encourage you to retie it yourself to another surface, such as flat, thin stones. This will give you the most flexibility and manipulation in your layout over Riccia.
Francis Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote