The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - First Nano 2.5 gallon
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
mosspearl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
Default First Nano 2.5 gallon

My aquatic journey has begun! Aside from several gallon jars at my disposal, I brought home a 2.5 gallon tank today from Petsmart. It was on sale and I saved a whole 50 cents from its regular price. Yay me! It fits perfectly on the shelf on my desk. I also picked up some MGOCPM and a bag of CaribSea Super Naturals black sand to cap the dirt.

I took off the banner they put in it and was left with a couple glue spots on the glass. You'd think they'd use something easy to remove, but no. I had to break out a razor blade to try and scrape it off. It came off in infinitesimal layers, but there is still a thin bit left that I can't seem to budge. You can see them inside the red circle in the second picture. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to scratch the glass.

Tomorrow I will rinse it out and start filling it with my substrate. I'll have to look through my collection for items to put in. I have some quartz crystals... are they safe? I don't have a lot of options yet, so this will be a slow work in progress.

Last edited by mosspearl; 02-10-2013 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: added photo links
mosspearl is offline   Reply With Quote