The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Greetings from Texas
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
Adam C
Algae Grower

PTrader: (26/100%)
Default Greetings from Texas

Hey everyone,

I have been using the forum for awhile now but mostly kept to the Texas section. I decided to introduce myself to more of you and share with you some of the many projects I have going on.

For starters, we currently have 8 aquariums, two ponds, and several emmersed set ups running.

My personal tank is the first picture. It is a 40b with 2x dual T5HO fixtures (4x39W). This system is running pressurized co2 with EI dosing. Its been up since December 1, 2012.

The second picture is our newest addition: a 4', 5 shelf emmersed set up. So far I have only planted one row but will be filling in the rest shortly (come on tax return!). I plan to keep more rare and hard to find plants but so far its only stocked with HC, Ludwigia Guinea, Rotala Brevipes, and several other species.

As well as the emmersed set up, I also have a 40b where we are breeding peacock gudgeons, (trying) to hybridize an Electric Blue Ram with a LF GBR (first batch of eggs got eaten), and grow around 30 species of plants submerged.

The last tank used for production is our 20L grow out tank. We use it to breed Red Sakura shrimp, Caridina Babaulti, and grow out the fry of the above mentioned parents.

Of course we have more set ups but I wanted to keep this (somewhat) short. Anyways....I hope you enjoy the pics and look forward to seeing ya'll around the forum.

~ Adam
Adam C is online now   Reply With Quote