To start the moss won't grow because the light's are on 24/7, that would be like a human never going to sleep! Also that is not enough light to really grow anything so all you're doing with the light's is giving it to the algae. The light's being on 24/7 is outrageous, most people run their lights for 6-8 hour's per day.
Now on how to get rid of the algae, can you take a picture of it? That's the only way to really know what it is to get rid of it. What you can do now is keep the lights on ONLY when you are watching the fish. In an unplanted tank light's are only for you, they do nothing for the fish!
Did you start doing anything different when you got the Java moss?