I recently joined the forum, with little or no knowledge about planted aquariums. So I have a 55 gallon aquarium with 2 4" largemouth bass in it and I about a month ago, I just planted some Java moss inside, tied to a rock with some fishing line. However, the entire tank became covered with green algae, the rocks, grass, filter, everything.
I presume it to be diatoms, but not sure. The moss is growing, but is now almost covered with a slimy dark green algae (hair algae?). It's been more than two weeks, and only gotten worse. Shouldn't the algae have used up all the nutrients? Also, before adding the moss the tank had been cycling for about 6 months, no algae.
Any help is appreciated