a few pictures as the work this weekend wraps up.
nice little pic of the family sitting on our new wall haha. Father in law, who is really the brains behind the carpentry work, lifting the tank into place. Without him I don't know how this would've gotten together.
And finally a good corner shot of it in place.
We've got hot and cold water ran as well. another big thank you to my FIL for that. He jokes that he's my helper, but I'm really his. we've pretty much told him what we wanted and he figured out how to do it. I cut, hammered, and lent some thoughts as well.
We need to pull the tank off and the plywood again. Turns out the center is higher than the sides and we need to take a belt sander to the 2x4 to flatten it out. not a big deal, but it would be if we put water in the tank!
We're not 100% square, but we'll be fine once the drywall and trim go up.
From here on out I don't know if I'll have updates until the drywall is up, spackled, and ready for paint. Once that happens the tank will be put in place for good, the trim added, which will overlap the tank trim just a tad. Once all that is done then it'll be time to work on the tank's plumbing and as soon as that is done I'll be filling and testing that whole system.
I fully expect the basement to be complete within the next 2 months. I'd really like to see the basement finished by my 30th birthday this coming april; though, i don't feel like the tank will be ready. I have some hardscape layouts in my head I'll start to sketch in the mean time.