The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Callamanus WORMS... updated 2/5/2013
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #22
msawdey
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysmith View Post
It sounds a bit overboard to me as well, though I can definitely understand the frustration of a relapse. They recommend that you do three treatments about a week apart if I'm not mistaken. And definitely siphon the gravel. After that, you should be ok. Whether or not all that extra work is worth not having a mini heart attack every time a fish looks at you the wrong way .. I don't know haha. It was a stressful couple of months for me.
that does sound a bit odd from what Charles directions were. Basically, he said one treatment should do the trick, but sent to 2 just in case and said to do them 2 weeks apart. It should be here today so I will dose tonight. As far as lifecycles of most parasites, if the medication kills the adult stage, there are a limited of number of "bugs" that will not be killed by the same medication. But from all my research, it looks like it would work as long as i do a good vacuum. (I have a PhD in Public health so i know a bit about parasites)

I just wanted this thread to be there for those who get it in the future. Everything I am reading is saying that they are becoming more common and the availability of medications that actually work are limited. I rely on this forum for everything tank related and hope that this thread will help people out in the future.