Yeah, that's one of the ideas I've been kicking around. But for now it's fine and I'll figure it out after everything is finally up and running.
I put in the 80 lbs of Safe T Sorb and filled the tank with about 40 gallons of water. I then spent a good amount of time agitating the substrate and sucking brown water out. Will continue doing that on and off for the next 2-3 days probably.
Also was able to make my DIY hinges for my glass. Will be ordering the plastic for the end along with 2 cheap handles from PetSolutions. Just gotta figure out what else I want to buy to get me to the $50 free shipping.