The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - The *BEST* (Tom Barr's) low-tech start-up tank method. Easy to read beginner's guide!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 AM   #44
Cinbos
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Default The *BEST* (Tom Barr's) low-tech start-up tank method. Easy to read beginner's guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
This will be low light, with Excel, and possibly with DIY CO2 if I run into too sluggish plant growth. My light is a DIY LED light that I adjust the LED driver to get whatever PAR I want, within a narrow band - about 15-30 micromols of PAR. It is set for 20 right now. The substrate will be ADA Aquasoil, mostly Africana, with some Amazonia mixed in. And, the filter will be a Hamburger Mattenfilter.
Gotchya, I know I want to go about mineralizing the soil just like the link you posted, but I currently getting some ideas about going about it. Dolomite and potash seem to be hard things to find around me, not sure what else to substitute it with.

Fish
3 GBR, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Juvenile Super Red BN Plecos, 9 Oto Catfish, 9 Bloodfin Tetras
Plants
Rotala Indica, Cardamine, Crypt Spiralis, Pygmy Chain Swords, Dwarf Sag, Lutea Crypt, Wendtti Bronze and Red, and Floating Frogbit
Cinbos is offline   Reply With Quote