The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Ocean Free Absolute CO2 Tablets
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
sub-80
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade48 View Post
To be honest, CO2 tablets are just a waste of money.
Am currently buying parts for the pressurized Co2 system I won't have enough money to buy another. There quite a distance between them so a double manifold is out of the question.

Quote:
They do not provide a steady supply of CO2, and in the short time that they are producing CO2, most of it is not even dissolving into the water column, making them useless.
What if I placed in my HOB filter That should spread the dissolved CO2 more evenly. (What do you think?) It mostly a trail run 48 tablets in 48 days what happens. Am getting bored by just sprinkling 1.4ml of excel on the surface of the tank.

Quote:
If you are only planning to add the CO2 tablets once a week, you might as well not add it in the first place. The "trace elements" that are included with this new product you found is probably harmless as well (likely the amounts are so small that overdosing is next to impossible).

You would be better off just using Excel.
According to the recommended dosage of the product (Hobby Sanoplant) it states to place one tablet per 50 liters once every week.
sub-80 is online now   Reply With Quote