The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - I plan on making a mineralized substrate for my tank
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
Cinbos
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaques View Post
I would not just put any soil. as it can contain harmful chemicals. I would only use the organic one.
The only question I have is, whether to wait until the middle layer is almost dry and hard or go ahead and pour water right after we are done with the soil? It seems that the middle layer of mud will make the water completely brown and completely murky. Please correct me if you have done this project.
No I have not done this project. But I would cap the soil I make with pool filter sand. But keep in mind I am rinsing the soil and then drying it out in the oven, and I will do this step mulitple times.

I just need to know more about what soil. I fiugured organic is a given, but what type/brand? And what does everyone else use?

Fish
3 GBR, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Juvenile Super Red BN Plecos, 9 Oto Catfish, 9 Bloodfin Tetras
Plants
Rotala Indica, Cardamine, Crypt Spiralis, Pygmy Chain Swords, Dwarf Sag, Lutea Crypt, Wendtti Bronze and Red, and Floating Frogbit
Cinbos is offline   Reply With Quote