The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - General Co2 and Fert dosing questions
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdylanh View Post
-Do all plants generally require the same nutrients, or can I tailor to my specific plant needs? For instance, I've started to get hooked on crypt species, and we be ok with tailoring to their specific needs if those needs do in fact exist. If it can be tailored, does anyone have any good resources for learning more?
Plants in general, require the same nutrients. However, there are some plants that may derive their nutrients more readily from the substrate (such as your Cryptocoryne spp.) rather than from the water column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdylanh View Post
-Concerning co2, the general consensus I've observed seems to be that some is better than none regardless of light levels. Is there a general consensus as to liquid carbon products compared to full blown co2 injection? More specifically, does one method provide something that the other does not?
Liquid carbon products are effective at lower light levels, but is never as good as CO2 (regardless of lighting levels).

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote