The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Mitch P's 75 Gallon Jungle ( UPDATED 2/9/13)
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #39
mitch p
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Just a quick update with some pictures!

Here are some of the fish . After getting my tank cycled, I added a couple drops of ammonia for a few days to make sure it went to 0 in the Ammonia and Nitrite categories before adding any fish to the tank.

Here are some of the fish . After getting my tank cycled, I added a couple drops of ammonia for a few days to make sure it went to 0 in the Ammonia and Nitrite categories before adding any fish to the tank.

Current stocking list:
Guppies
Mollies - May get rid of the mollies not sure.
Platys
German Blue Rams
1 Albino Bushynose pleco

After moving all my plants from the 15g, I noticed I had some babies in the tank! Here is a picture of 1 of them growing up pretty well. I have since had more babies that include guppies and platys!

After moving all my plants from the 15g, I noticed I had some babies in the tank! Here is a picture of 1 of them growing up pretty well. I have since had more babies that include guppies and platys!

I did have a bit of an O2 problem at night but that has been fixed by putting 2 airstones with check valves and putting them on a timer for whenever I stop my Co2. Problemo solved!

And now here is a full tank shots! This was taken before running the UV Sterilizer a few days ago. When I get home I will take another picture and post it for a before and after effect.

I have had some pretty good growth as you can see! I did actually change the bulb timings I have and the length of time they stay on. I currently have this setup:

8 AM : Plant Grow Bulb turns on (simulates sun rising )
9 AM: Plant Grow Bulb Off - 2 6500k Lights on
4:30 PM: 2 6500k lights off -Co2 Off - Airstones on - Plant Grow Bulb on -
6 PM: Plant grow Bulb off.

This seems to be working REALLY well for me for growth, algae, and fish happiness.

My dosing/ Waterchange schedule is currently:

Sunday: 50-60% water change + Trim + ADA Phyton Git+Dose ferts (Pfertz dosing)
Monday: ADA Green Bacter
Tuesday: 15% water change
Wednesday: Dose Pfertz
Thursday: ADA Green Bacter
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest

So far this really seems to be working for me.

I also have a bunch of Nerite snails on the way to help out as well!

Comments welcome!

Last edited by mitch p; 01-29-2013 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: Added Snail comment
mitch p is offline   Reply With Quote