The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Petco ramping itself up a bit :)
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #16
Silmarwen
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

I use Petco for dry goods and the occasional plant or "common" fish (danios, neons, etc.), but if I want actual information, I'll go to the Fish Doctors. They're more of a saltwater store, honestly, but when I needed my water tested, they used the nice API test-tube kits and showed me the process and everything. I had gotten a fish there two nights before, and brought him back after I found him back-against-the-filter-intake, dead as a doornail. They had to test the water to make sure it was the fish and not the tank, but as she's doing it, the girl was totally honest about thinking the fish may have been injured as they were catching it, and that the test was just policy, and had someone go get me a new one even as she was doing the test. I like the people there a lot

10g "Community" of nothing but Danios - 2g (barely) planted Betta - 2.5g Betta - 1g Pond Snail Repository

My aquascape style tends towards 'tall in the back, short in the front, lots and lots of green and stuff. And maybe a rock somewhere...'
Silmarwen is offline   Reply With Quote