The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - First ever journal- takes a turn Updated 3/20/13(20G L)
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #33
dubs83
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Well, it's been quite a while since I updated this and so here it goes. The tank is doing great! It's a few months old now and has gone through some obvious changes. The hygro compakt has really taken off, as has the glosso, and the crypts are shooting off younger plants. I am dosing Seachem Flourish and Trace for now with a DIY auto dose contraption. I have the dry ferts but am waiting to finish off the seachem products.

Filtration wise, there have been some changes. Replumbed the entire wall will union joints to make cleaning a bit easier and added a quick drain port so that I can drain the tank during water changes and not make a mess. I'll throw pictures of that up a bit later.

Began injecting pressurized co2 and was really concerned about the bulbs I have over the tank. They are PAR38 LED 2x18w (5500k) and 1x24watt (6000k). As you can see, they havn't really been a problem. I absolutely love the red I'm getting out of the hygro. Anyway, sorry for the bad grammar and hope you enjoy the pictures/update!

Currently, I have 6 ottos doing the clean up but I considered picking up a few juvenile blue rams (1males and 3 females) and hope they pair off.

Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Still trying to figure out what to do with the middle back ground there.

dubs83 is offline   Reply With Quote