The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Purigen mistake!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #43
Lia
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygold View Post
The pic of the bag by itself, the second one down...it's actually sitting in a zip-lock in that pic. In the pic of the tank, it is out of the zip-lock.

When first pulled out of the box, the mesh bag was sealed inside a plastic bag that was heat sealed closed. The color of the product was a slight off-white, similar to the color of old computer cases (slightly almond colored). It was the proper color as I've seen, from looking at the jars in the LFS. The colors in that second pic came from around 1 hour in my tank. That color would be most similar to a reddish, clay brick. when i said that the product was still dry...after rinsing it and taking it out from under the water flow, the resin did not hold onto any liquid, upon shaking it, next to no water dripped from the bag. Basically, it was not holding onto the water, it let it all drain out completely.

Well, after this little 5-minute test, besides everyone floating at the top, almost all the females gave birth. There are babies everywhere. I just did a 1 gallon water change to remove anything toxic in the water. While siphoning 1/2 the gravel I picked up close to a dozen babies.

I checked for chlorine in the tank's water before performing the water change, and there was none that registered.

I registered over at Seachem to post on their forum, but it seems they OK registrations on the weekends but don't allow new members to post until they check them out (only on weekdays), so I'll have to wait a few days to post over there.

I use Purigen in my emperor filters and love it but also like poly filter pad by Poly-Bio-Marine, They might be better for your needs .You would only need to cut a small piece for your filter and discard it and replace it when it turns dark brown.

I think polyfilter pads are the best for small filters.
Lia is offline   Reply With Quote