The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - The Simple DIY CO2 Method
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #15
Rich Guano
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
I really have no idea why my shake-it-up-in-non-dechlorinated-water method works. Since I never had a problem I didn't do any research or experimenting with it. Once I just sprinkled the yeast on the water surface, and it seemed to make a bigger mess at the top of the bottle, so I didn't try that again. Not being a chemist or a brewer I have never given much thought to yeast and sugar water. (I do like baking bread in a bread machine though!)
I agree on the mess at the top of the bottle. I should point that out that you should sink the remaining yeast before that occurs. But I can't give up on the surface hydration without a good argument against. I believe there is something about aerobic hydration and the complexity of the sugars I am still working out.

As far as baking, ME TOO! I started into baking with the bread machine loved it to death. Finally destroyed it by wearing it out needing dough. I bought a Kitchenaid mixer and have since moved on to many tasty things including Pizza, bagels, pretzels, loaves, breadsticks blah blah blah

Think outside the glass box.
Rich Guano is offline   Reply With Quote