The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Low Tech 29G - Few Questions
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #15
Gootz
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amajoh View Post
Just got a 29g but I haven't set it up yet. Looking forward to seeing how yours comes along!
Hope the info discussed in here is helpful. Feel free to ask questions if they come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannaberooted View Post
I don't want to burst your bubble, but I think you will be overstocked with that much in a 29g. Here's a nice tool to help figure things out. http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php
This site is amazing! Thank you for sharing. Looks like you are right about overstocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchfish9 View Post
I agree with wannaberooted. Your stock seems a little excessive, and you definitely want to look into aqadvisor and also check back with us as well. I think you can do two schools and then a centerpeice. Not boesmani's though because they get way to big and active for a 29 gallon. Also rainbows like to be in schools as well. Discus would also not be comfortable in a 29g. A pair of GBR would be a great choice for that tank IMO. Maybe consider cories as your 2nd school as well.

So 12 Cardinals
8 Cories
Pair of GBR
Clean up crew
I like the idea of having 2 different shoals for the low-mid level and then the 5 hatchets up top. How come you suggest the cories as opposed to the rummy nose tetras?

Definitely think 8 of each shoal will be sufficient. Is there any specific reason for the numbers you suggested? GBRs are nice looking fish. The LFS has some BRs, but not sure if they can get GBRs. Any reason why I only should have 2 and not 3, 4 or 5?

What exactly did you have in mind from a cleanup crew perspective?

Sorry for all of the questions, but you seem to know what you're talking about, so picking your brain.
Gootz is offline   Reply With Quote