The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Shambhalove's 75 (got my bows!!shrimp unimpressed.) :D
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:21 AM   #8
shambhalove.
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thanks for taking on all my questions at once like that brother! I appreciate everyone's input

I decided to just go with the sand for now, I've already moved stuff around and its been set up for a whole 8 hours haha. I'm reading more into dirted tanks and i have a 29 that i can tear down and play with. It's funny because using "dirt" makes more sense to me, I've grown lots of different plants and trees but non aquatic.

I understand what you mean with the heaters, they are more temporary than anything. I would like something more hidden/out of tank anyways but have to do some research on my options there.

Found myself a decent 4 bulb T8 fixture at HD for around 50 bucks, just needs some black paint. I put it right on the glass top for some pics and it lights it up real well haha. Thinking I'll have to hang it from the ceiling so i can control that a bit, plus i cant open the top when its on it.

As for co2, still kinda overwhelmed on that one. So much simpler out of water . I just wanted to start simple until i figure everything out a bit more. Would dosing excel on a 75 be worth it? Thinking more like as a supplement, don't need to watch my plants grow.

Anyways heres some pics. The sand is alot more natural looking in real life and i gotta clean the glass but you get the idea. I was thinking of planting the right side too but wanna keep a decent sized open spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130125_085526.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	73794  

Name:	20130125_085622.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	73802