The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Today...was a good day.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
TickleMyElmo
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virto View Post
Ahh, the new Sigma 35. I'm super interested in that one...just too much money for the L. 135L is, IMO, one of the best lenses of all time - you're going to love it.
Yeah, I'm usually a total *insert camera brand here* lenses only snob, and stay away from third party stuff, but every single review from every major and minor source says that this new sigma 35 is the best 35mm lens of any make right now, including zeiss. I've read all the reviews and seen all the test images (both technical and casual) and after using it a bit today I'd have to agree, it really does outperform every 35mm lens available and its sooooo sharp at f1.4. The good news is that it's so good, its driving down the price of the 35L and you can get one very gently used for around $950-970 these days easily....I was messing around with the 135L and I was amazed at how sharp it is and the f/2 aspect gives some nice creative freedom. Plus I'm really exited because my copy of the 85L is super accurate wide open

Quote:
Originally Posted by watercage View Post
looks expensive.

But there's nothing wrong with that.
Hehe, cameras and lenses are always expensive :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasserpest View Post
Lol, a convert.

Nice lenses. Where is the 24-70???

I don't get your title.
I despise the 24-70 lens of any maker. Total snooze cruise, nothing exciting about it at all. Give me a 35mm and I'm set, I don't need versatility The title was meant as in, as a Nikon fanboy for 2 years, the pain of being with Canon gear hurts more than seeing a Nikon fanboy switch to Canon will be for all of you Come to think of it, I'll just change it hehe...
TickleMyElmo is offline   Reply With Quote