The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Larger Feet/Braces available for Finnex Ray2 36"?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
slowgrower
Algae Grower

PTrader: (22/100%)

I have the same issue with the FugeRay. The legs are clearly designed for a rimless aquarium. I contacted Aqua Vibrant about returning the item and discovered that if I want to return the light I would be responsible for not only the shipping costs to return the item, but also the original shipping costs even though my purchase qualified for free shipping. How this constitutes free shipping is beyond me.

Here is the response from the company regarding both the leg design and the shipping/return policy:

"The legs are not meant to mount standard aquariums rims as is. The inner portion of the leg is to be removed if fitting on an aquarium such as yours. I apologize if you were thinking otherwise as that is not stated in the description being that those new legs were just recently introduced for those with rimless aquariums. At the beginning of the release, all legs did not have that inner portion to mount all aquariums.

As for shipping, I understand your concern. However, being a small company, the policy exist due to the fact that we simply can not afford to offer our customers the same benefits many online companies can. We do no charge 'silly' restocking fees or any other hidden fee of that sort. If our customer would like to return their product all we ask for the honest shipping cost it cost us to get their order delivered. In all honesty, we could build shipping charges in to product costs to offer free shipping as well as free returns but in my opinion I do not feel that is right to the many whom make a 'returnless' purchase to front the costs of shipping to those who do return."

Long story short, you'd better be satisfied with your products from Aqua Vibrant. If not, its gonna cost you. In my case it comes out to be around 28% of the original cost.

As a side note, these lights are available through Amazon.com and if you're a Prime member shipping and returns are free. Same light, same company. You've been warned.
slowgrower is online now   Reply With Quote