The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Microbe-Lift Night-Out 2 & CRS Shrimp
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
mayphly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
If you ate changing out 30% twice a week, the nitrates ought to be significantly lower already. If I were concerned with keeping my shrimp berried and carrying those eggs to term, I would stop with the ei dosing , especially the micros and nitrogen so diminish the need for water change. If the shrimp aren't a priority, at the very lease see to the source of the nitrate elevation. Perhaps the soil is leeching it?
I guess it's posible the soil is leeching. I originally planted the tank 8/21/12 and filled it 11/22/12. I tested the water for the first 5 weeks for amonia and nitrates and it had always tested 0 ppm. I attached a few pics of my most recent nitrate test. The red color looks high to me. What do you guys think?
Also, I have about 15 fish in this tank as well. 6 of them are chili rasboras. They are small. I know they are a contributing factor to some nitrates as well. They are fed once a day very sparingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nitrate.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	72778  

Name:	nitrate2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	72786