The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 125g w/ 40g breeder sump. high tech, in wall-goodness
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
scapegoat
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmarwen View Post
Well, to be fair, rbarn's 300 gallon discus has been years in the making now, and there's still dozens of people following the thread, just waiting for it to update!

Sounds like an incredible project. I like how it's going into the corner, so you can see two sides. And I'd LOVE to have an office space with an aquarium to gaze into while I think

Did you decide on a sump, then? In your first post you weren't sure. I don't have any real experience with sumps, but I imagine for such a large tank, if it's built in like you're planning, a sump would be very much worth the consideration.

I look forward to watching this come together!
haha yeah... it won't take me years to get this done! The basement is planned to be finished in the spring. I'm also not going all out, I don't have the ability to spend thaaaaat much. But definitely over time will I be dabbling with the arduino to see what i can automate.

I think I'm planning on the sump... I have a 55. I am worried about gassing off the co2 and am still looking into remedies for that. maybe it just won't be that big of a deal? A sump seems like the best idea though. many more gallons of water and the display tank won't get low, it'll contain all of the tank crap, and give me the ability to have space for juvenile fish. on top of that I was debating with having some emerged plants in it to help filter the water w/ their roots.

It'll be a "sort've" office. I'll be placing my desk in that area, but it won't be closed in. We'll see how well that works out with a 2 year old.