The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Problems with HC already - 36g bow front continue'd
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 AM   #11
notsogreenthumb
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Cali77 View Post
Oh and is that an anubias plant in the substrate on the far left? If so, did you bury it in the substrate or is it tied to something like a rock?
Thanks for your continued input Brian, I plan on taking you up on your budget CO2 setup at some point but it's just not feasible right now.

Yes thats an anubias, a nana i think, and it's tied to a piece of wood now (although I took it straight out of my 10g where I have been growing it with its roots burried, rhizome exposed for almost 2 years now, maybe that's why it's still so small)

I bought the DW with HC already attached and they were already completely underwater in a tank at the store when I picked them up.

My current parameters are 0.25 ammonia, almost 5ppm Nitrites and ~15ppm Nitrates. I am in the midst of a cycle hence the really high nitrites. Also I am keeping the tank very warm (~84 degrees) to encourage BB growth. Not sure if this stuff has something to do with the leaves loosing color.
notsogreenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote