The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Minivans...
Thread: Minivans...
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #26
Shangrila
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Listen to what I'm going to tell you. First off a little background on me. I own a AAA repair shop for 13 years and have been in the automotive business for close to 30 years I am ASE certified and a diagnostic wizard. I have worked on nearly every kind of Japanese and american car/truck/suv/crossover and what ever other fancy nick names the manufacturers throw at them, not to mention some european bombs(the worst cars made). A vehicle(other than a collector type) is the worst investment we make. They depreciate quickly, they require maintenace on a regular basis, they rot, they degrade, etc. Now on to the subject at hand-which minivan to buy. I will tell you from personal experience that you can not go wrong with anything made by Toyota. The next in line would be a Honda. All the rest are second rate at best! Do not waste your money on any kind of American minivan! The best bang for your buck is Toyota. A 3-4 year old Toyota is WAY better than any brand new domestic van. I know I'm gonna get heat for this, but I work on these things day in and day out and I can tell you what is good and what is not. There may be a few other brands that have lasted some people a long time with little trouble but they a far and few between if you look at their repair history. PM me if you have any other questions.
Shangrila is offline   Reply With Quote