The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Looking for LFS in cleveland area
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
Waters
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkraz View Post
Just a word of caution on RMS... They're not quite what they used to be. They're the only large and private guy in Cleveland that I know of, they do a good job with their stock, usually, and almost always have a strong selection (this was always my one and only source for things like plants, ottos and cool coreys, and wood pieces for scapes). But the help, there, went from close to expert to folks who are seriously just misinformed.

Also, if you are indeed looking for the products off the shelves (filters, wood, heaters, tabs, food, etc) get ready to be just about gouged.

I used to be content with the prices because their info, help and stock were simply fantastic. Then, I think, the tough times pinched 'em or something. They closed their smaller store in Strongsville just before the recession and just operate the one, now.
I agree....the prices on their equipment is definately on the high side. I used to go to the RMS in Willoughby all the time but they closed that one as well. Fortunately I work within 10 minutes of the one off of Engle :-) Lately it seems like they are trying to get into the cold water side of the hobby. They have new tanks of Walleye, Smallmouth Bass, Perch, Musky, etc.
Waters is offline   Reply With Quote