The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Callamanus WORMS... updated 2/5/2013
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #1
msawdey
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default Callamanus WORMS... updated 2/5/2013

For the last 6 months.. i have been periodically losing bolivian rams for no reason.

After having another issue in the tank this week where i lost half of the inhabitants to a stupid error, read here (but this has nothing to do with the worms) http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...570&highlight=

I realized this morning that one of my small angels had a vent that was huge and that a worm was sticking out. I had not noticed this prior. I had just fed the others, when I noticed that they ALSO had small pink thread like things sticking out of their vents. I lost the small angels tonight. He had been eating, but stopped yesterday and then sucumbed today. Are these Callamanus worms?

I have no idea how to treat these things. The entire tank has to be infected at this point so i would need to dose the entire column. I have Quick cure (formalin and malchite green) and prazipro (praziquantel) on hand, but dont know if either will work

HELP!!!!!

Last edited by msawdey; 02-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: miss spell
msawdey is offline   Reply With Quote