The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Tales of an Ugly 29 **Now with photos**
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #41
Aquatic Delight
H is for Hillstream

PTrader: (10/100%)

So i am currently house sitting for my parents on the other side of town, which gave me the opportunity to visit a couple LFS that i don't normally get to visit. At one of them they had listed "HillStream loach" but nothing more. after much debate with myself (mostly if i wanted to make the 45min drive back to my apt) i decided to purchase two, after watching the poor guy try to catch two i decided it was amusing and i wanted a third (thats not mean is it?). so i got home and put them in the tank. and started my photo hunting to find out just what kind i had. after seeing another 10 or so hillsteam loachs that i now want to add to my collection i found them they are called Gastromyzon stellatus. mine are very young and not even close to full grown. but man are they cute. i can't wait for them to get comfortable in their new digs.
(this is just an onl-line photo i found i will post photos of mine when i am home again.)

http://www.loaches.com/species-index...G/image_medium

Hillstream/Boreno Loach Refuge

A Light Heart is Better than a Heavy Wallet.
Aquatic Delight is offline   Reply With Quote