The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Micro Zen Garden
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
MABJ
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (14/100%)
Default Micro Zen Garden

Hello. I've been contemplating this tank in my head for a while.. Just a really peaceful low light, low tech setup.

I picked this tank up during a sale on wag.com, and I got it for a good price.

.5g Acrylic Marina tank.

I like this little cube for a lot of reasons, including its background, (after removing the ugly pictures) its size and its half top. Not only that, but it has a very unique shape, allowing you to hang it on the wall or just leave it around.

Regardless of all those possibilities, I'm just planning on setting it up slow and nice. As with many of my other tanks, I like mosses and will probably utilize them alone, unless someone can think up something better.

Obviously with something this small, you're limited on how you can scape it.. But I will be trying to find something dynamic and beautiful.

The most important part of this tank.. Is it is a gift for my girlfriend of two years who is graduating college this semester, and will be spending chunks of time without seeing me. So it must be good.

I look forward to your suggestions and help

Attachment 69897

I just started brainstorming and that is what came to me.

I still need a method of light and a way to cut the plastic top that won't destroy the 3 sides I want to keep.
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.

Last edited by MABJ; 06-12-2014 at 09:47 PM..
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote