The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Problems with HC already - 36g bow front continue'd
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
notsogreenthumb
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Cali77 View Post
I love bow fronts, great acquisition! May I suggest a few things? I would add a black background to hide the equipment. Plus the dark background would make the plants "pop" more.

What's your lighting? The Dwarf Baby Tears (HC) wouldn't thrive without a good light source and co2 supplementation. At the very least, some Excel (liquid carbon) would be better than nothing if you can't invest in co2. But if co2 isn't out of the question, you can get a good system pieced together starting with an Aquatek regulator. Another option would be DIY CO2 if money is an issue. Although, DIY co2 is more effective in smaller tanks (<20g ).
Definitely will be getting a background for the tank, just have to find one that doesn't have a design, every time I look for one I can't find a plain black. I am upgrading the lighting this morning to a dual T5 fixture. As far as CO2 I am using excel for now, I have never used CO2 before and need to spend some time learning how it actually works, I know it's expensive so the idea is kind of shelved for the time being unfortunately.

The water is also really cloudy I notice, not sure what I can add to improve that.

Thanks for the comments, always open to suggestions.
notsogreenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote