The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - james1542's 20L-Apistograms and flood lights
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #26
james1542
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)

Update: So in the last 24 hours the Borelli pair spawned, and the candidi's did it again. The best part, they both chose the hand made cave, in the most popular piece of real estate in the tank. So the Borelli spawned a good 12 hours before, on the outside of the cave! I wasn't actually sure she had spawned, because I couldn't get a view of the eggs, but all signs indicated she was busy back there with something. Then the next morning, I see the t. candidi went inside the same cave, and plastered it with eggs. Add on this, there are fish flying around everywhere in this part of the tank, because it's in the front right corner where they often get fed. So i have no choice but to pull the cave, the best part, the hot glue cave made of rocks, crumbles, quickly when picked up, So i put the pieces of rock with eggs into the "incubator". The borelli and candidi's had actually laid eggs on the same wall of the cave, just on different sides. I've got about 5 almond leaves in the tank now, so the water is starting to get a bit of a tint to it. The plants are growing like mad! I'm having to trim them every other day it seems or it will be wall to wall plants. The feeding fry are doing well, They are loving daily microworms.
Shown are the tank, the Borelli pair, the candidi pair, the fry rearing fun center, the egg incubator with rocks from the now demolished cave, and last but not least some hungry fry, either T. candidi or A. bitaeniata.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3867.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	69265  

Name:	DSCN3885.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	69273