Removed the sump, was just out gassing the c02, went through a 5lb bottle in 5 days. So i ordered another eheim canister and will use a surface extractor to keep the top clean.
Growth is good, trimmed up the erios, most have split and shed off the original leaves so hoping in a few weeks i can crop them.
I put a few root tabs in and a few days later had a small thread algae outbreak, got what i could out, started a minor excel treatment, and letting the amanos devour the rest.
Got my other ray 2 light finally, so lighting is more even throughout and the plants are definitely perking up.
also added some microrasbora nana