Update - about one month in (pic in first post).
The tank has been growing in nicely. Some plants are happy and are doing very well and spreading (Crypt parva, Crypt willisii, Hygrophila pinnatifida, Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides). Others look good - but have not grown a lot (Marsilea minuta, Hygrophila corymbosa 'angustifolia', Willow Leaf
Java fern - narrow leaf, Myriophyllum mattogrossense, Echinodorus bolivianus). The crypt retrospiralis that arrived completely melted is sending up nice new leaves, so hopefully in another month or two it will be in good shape.
I wasn't happy with the background plants - so I added some Myriophyllum tuberculatum, Myriophyllum simulans, Rotala wallichi and anarachis.
I also stocked the tank with fish this weekend. I went with a Myanmar biotope - with Danio margaritatus, Microdevario nana, and Yunnanilus sp. (Rosy loach, sometimes called Tuberoschistura arakanensis). I also planned to add Hara miniscula (Burmese Mini Moth Catfish) - but Frank at Frank's Aquarium wasn't convinced what he got labeled as H. miniscula were actually that - and they were some a bit bigger then expected - so I broke from the biotope to add a couple Hara jerdoni. I am very excited by the grouping - as so far there is activity in all levels of the water column. There are also a few wild type Neocardinia heteropoda in the tank to help with algae. One of the females is berried - but I expect the young will become fish food...
I am keeping a close eye on water parameters to make sure that the transition from fishless cycle to stocked goes smoothly - and so far, so good.
Here are a couple of pictures of the tank fauna:
CPD, M. nana, and Rosy loach (bottom left corner)
CPD and M. nana
CPD hanging out with the M. nana school