The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Squirrel skeleton in tank pics!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 03:09 AM   #7
Betta132
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

If that was me, I would have taken it home, maybe poked around with it a little, then buried it for the bones! I really want a waterbird skeleton. I got a dissection kit for Christmas and grinned my face off for an hour! Scared my cousin with the way I was laughing... Does anyone happen to live in Central Texas and know where I can get some bones?
I'm just waiting for the epoxy to cure (few more days, probably) and then I can get it in the tank.
I found out that sometimes heavy, toxic gases will seep from the ground in a place with a lot of volcanic activity, and anything that walks into a valley filled with these gases will go to sleep and never wake up. So technically, it's not unheard of for a number of mostly intact animal skeletons to be in one place... If anyone asks, that's my excuse for putting bones in my tank. That, and it's unique!
My adventures in keeping Indostomus crocodilus, the crocodile toothpick fish. AKA armored stickleback, paradox fish, and freshwater pipefish. Care is (to the best of my knowledge) exactly the same as Indostomus paradoxus.
Betta132 is online now   Reply With Quote