The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Tri-State (NY-NJ-CT) LFS [Grading system added] & CO2 directory
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #60
rozdaboff
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (24/100%)

Made a little LFS tour after a visit to Frank's this morning.

We visited two stores on the list that hadn't yet been rated.

1) South Shore Tropicals - First, the address in the list is wrong. The correct address is: 127 W. Hoffman Ave, Lindenhurst, NY 11757

127 Merrick Road as in the list is South Shore Tattoo Shop... Only a couple of miles down the road - so no big deal - and there was a pretty cool reptile store across the street.

South Shore Tropicals was nice - and definitely worth a visit if you are out that way. There was a nice selection of quality plants - I got a very nice bunch of Rotala wallichi and Myriophyllums simulans for $3 each, and Matt got a really nice-sized clump of Crypt balansae for $3; a nice number of very clean FW tanks, but not a ton of selection. So I would give it (2 smiles)

2) Animal pantry - 13720 Crossbay Blvd # 1 Jamaica, NY 11417. Nothing great here - just a typical mixed pet shop with a small sized fish dept (40ish tanks - mix FW and SW). Not really worth a special trip.

We also visited a few other already on the list. Tropical showcase and Pets Warehouse (177 Glen Cove Road) - both were really nice. Tropical showcase had a really good variety of plants (pots and stems) in great condition - I got a really nice clump of Myriophyllum tuberculatum. Aquarium village was also really nice - but had a heavier SW feel.

I also update the Google Maps. It also looks like the link to the map on the first post was deleted. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...09b9878cffe7fd
rozdaboff is offline   Reply With Quote