Originally Posted by creekbottom
"The algae started when I got the new lights"
Take a bulb out, that is crazy high light for a 10 gallon. Not sure what algae it is though.
According to EI this shouldn't matter with a large stock of plants that I have and the photoperiod is at 6 hrs. Before I got this outbreak I had 2 20W CFLs. It seems to be slowed down now, but if I ID it I can try removing it a little more effectively. Seems like it spiked because the plants needed to adjust to the new lights.