The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Beer Jug NPT Nano!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
ZeeZ
Planted Member

PTrader: (38/100%)
Default Beer Jug NPT Nano!

This is a 1/2 gallon Carolina Brewery Beer Jug. It's a Naturally Planted Tank filled with oscomote pellets and dry ferts then my prepared dirt, then the leftover sand that I had from my old 40 Gallon Breeder (I didn't have any other sand and I wanted to make this ASAP.) and a couple stalks of anacharis with one stalk of Najas Grass (grows like a weed... well, it IS considered a noxious weed!) with one small java fern tied to a tiny piece of driftwood (You cant see it. It's just there as a weight.) At some point I'd love to put in some flexible dried twigs or something but the opening is pretty tiny so I don't know if I can.

Anyway, about 12-13 RCS are in it along with 3 baby Ramshorn snails. There's dried MTS in the sand left over from the 40G and they should come back. The light is the secondhand... er... secondlight? Secondary light? Bylight? from the Beverage Dispenser. I'm not sure if that will work or if I'll have to find an alternate light but I'm trying it anyway. I took about 1/2 of old tank water from the RCS and 1/2 fresh water from their usual source so I'm hoping they're not going to die like my dispenser did...

ZeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote