The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Hi from Virginia!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #14
the.koi.maiden
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
hi and welcome!
not sure if u remember my fat goldfish from bf.com but it turns out they were fat bellied because my grandma fed them too much in winter. they're much bigger and sleeker now that the warmer weather's here down in Australia
I do remember you and the fat goldfish! Glad to hear they are doing better. Kinda like human, they have to watch what they eat in the winter, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
If you're ever planning a trip up here, you can call C & P Pets in Christiansburg, they special order fish for me all the time - the discounts are good if you're buying in groups of 12, 15, etc - whatever the price breaks are for that fish (in case you are getting a school of something, or want to share an order with friends). Other than that all we have is a Petsmart, although there are a few mom & pop fish stores in Roanoke, too.
I've actually been to that pet store and thought them pretty good. Last time I was there they did have kuhli loaches, but I haven't been back to check in like a year or so. I need to go check them out again when I'm up in the are in a few weeks. Thanks for the tip!

Planted tanks: Community | Betta | Shrimp
Non planted tank: Goldfish
Other projects: Koi pond | Terrestrial plants
the.koi.maiden is offline   Reply With Quote