The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - RCS trouble, what to do?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
dreamwallaby
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question RCS trouble, what to do?

Hello, I've asked a few questions lately as I'm a newbie and I'd like to ask some more if I may. I have a 9 gallon planted with 4 endlers and 2 scarlet badis. The tank has not been up long but seeded from another tank. I added 4 Orange bee shrimp, one died. I waited 5 days and added 2 more Orange bees and 5 RCS last night. 2 RCS were dead by morning, I didn't find their bodies so I guess they got eaten, and 1 died tonight. the oranges seem fine.

0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrates. pH is between 7.2 & 7.6 ( Api tests regular at 7.6, but when I run the high pH test it' s lighter than the 7.4) Temp is 76. The highest ammonia has ever been since I started tank is barely 0.25 and I did 50% water changes those days. I did not change water after introducing the new ones and ammonia read 0 this morning.

trying to see why the oranges would be happy but not the RCS. Do I try more RCS? Should I try the fire reds the LFS had instead? I really wanted 2 types that wouldn't interbreed so I could have 2 nice different colors.