The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Newbie Looking for some help! PLEASE!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
runnerdude11

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Newbie Looking for some help! PLEASE!!!

I am new to the Planted Aquarium world but I have kept various Aquariums before but I have a few questions concerning setup and requirements.
I plan on setting up a 10 gallon rimless planted aquarium that I purchased and I would like to grow either dwarf hairgrass or dwarf baby tears in carpet form and a few other low light plants and maybe some frogbit. I also plan on getting a small C02 setup as well.
-The Substrate I am using is Seachem Flourite Black
-I do have a layer of laterite on the bottom
-I have a 23W Finnex Clip on light which has:
-------2 LED Spot Moonlight
-------30,000k - 10,000k, 3U Type, Energy Saving Blue/White bulb.
-Is this enough for the dwarf baby tears or should I purchase another Finnex light to have 46W, or is that to much for a 10 gallon?

-I was Planning on Purchasing the FLuval 88gram C02 kit since i really dont want to spend an arm and leg on a setup or mess around with a DIY setup. It will only be running for like 6hrs during the day and not at night.
-How many bubbles per second do I need to do?
-Do I need to run an airstone if I have fish?

Also I have seen people start by planting their aquariums with just the substrate wet and letting there plants grow a little, should I plan on doing this if I want to grow any type of carpet?

If you know the answer to any of these questions feel free to respond!!!!!
runnerdude11 is offline   Reply With Quote