The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Lighting a Triangle, I'm stumped
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
dastowers
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

[QUOTE=somewhatshocked;2163457]I wouldn't throw money at BuildMyLED because there are far cheaper options - especially for your needs. For starters, look at Finnex fixtures if you're going the LED route. They're a forum sponsor and have their own sub-forum.

If it were me, I'd go with CFLs. Much cheaper, quite energy efficient, easy to replace and to find.[/QUOTE - END OF QUOTE.....

@ Somewhatshocked- Wow. I have never been told I throw my money around. LOL! Having owned a computer/Apple store for over twenty years I did research my purchases from Buildmyled. Very glad I decided to go with them. There may be cheaper options (not saying better) but being in the hobby for over 20 years I have purchased most of them and have to say these lights are well thought out and when I call- I ALWAYS get a person (the owner) on the line if I have a question. .

This is my first saltwater tank in 1993 with a 6 foot external protein skimmer and the huge basement sump - with Son Ryan (he loved the actinic lights).

My how time flies- this is him now- 2012

Last edited by dastowers; 01-07-2013 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: quote
dastowers is offline   Reply With Quote