The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - ACK!!!!!! termites
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #7
Aquaticz
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Really appreciate the responses. Not being one to move forward without a plan, I decided to check out the shrink wrap. The wrap is only 20 inches wide and it did not do what I had hoped....

Plan B
I already started cleaning filters and since I only use lava rock I can put all of it in a 10 gallon tank with a korallia. Do I understand correctly to also use an air stone? I will not have access during the tenting so I can add some shrimp food as well as fish flake food to the 10 gallon tank

I am going to use bags provided and use them to wrap up or seal the top. My larger tanks are acrylic, the others glass. I went to the local hardware store and got double sided tape along with the blue 3 m masking tape. I am going to lay down some blue tape first about 3 to 4 inches from the top of the tank. I will apply the double stick on to the blue tape. I have
Cut up the bags cutting out the bottom and cut it so its now a sheet. I will with my wife's help adhere the plastic to the rear of the tank first followed by the front and then both sides....like a Christmas present in reverse. Then I will put blue tape over the edges.
I will start the wrapping process tomorrow and seal the front early Monday morning.

All in all I have about 3o different plants. As a precaution I set up a little tank at work about six weeks ago. I managed to get 15 different plants in that thing...lol

I will be glad when this is over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aquaticz is offline   Reply With Quote